The Clareon IPL System utilizes detachable hand pieces for various treatment options. The Clareon System can provide treatments for almost every type of skin condition including, Skin Rejuvenation, Vein Removal, Acne and Skin Tightening just to mention a few. An intense pulsed light treatment for the face is a non-invasive, gentle laser skin treatment with virtually no downtime. Most people are able to return to work, apply make-up and resume most activities immediately following treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retin A, tretinoin, Glycolic acid or any wrinkle cream for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Discontinue aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, Aleve, gingko balboa, vitamin E, fish oil, and garlic supplements for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Take Valtrex 500mg, twice a day beginning the day before treatment if you have had cold sores in the past.
- Please arrive to your appointment with a clean face, no makeup.
- Application of cool cloths, ice packs, cool gel immediately following treatment can help alleviate post treatment discomfort and stinging that may occur.
- Mild swelling may be expected immediately following treatment and generally resolves in 1-2 days after treatment. Sleeping with your head elevated on several pillows may help reduce swelling.
- Gentle cleansing and use of non-irritating cosmetics is permitted after treatment. The use of retinoids and glycolic acid should be avoided during treatment recovery (approximately 72 hours).
- During the first 2 weeks after treatment, new skin will begin to form and it is essential to avoid injury and sun exposure during this time. You should use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 whenever you are outside for up to 6 months post treatment. Look for sunscreen with Zinc Oxide.
- Once the treatment area has initially healed, some itching or dryness may occur. This will gradually clear. The use of non-irritating moisturizers may provide relief.
Please call Katie Bishop, NP with any questions or concerns 508-746-5300.